Saturday, May 12, 2012


The Spoiled life of a Royal Court Bully
Meet Ambassador Dotty


Hello, my name is Dotty I’m an English Bulldog.  My official name is Le-ah New Orleans Lady Sashay By.  I got my name because my Mom is from New Orleans. She came here after Katrina and I guess I help remind her of home. And the ‘Sashay By’ part, well, my tush is my best feature. The grand kids named me Dotty because of all the spots on my tummy, and that’s what stuck.
  

Mom is my owner/breeder. I was born right here in Las Vegas, August 1, 2009. Mom said she was waiting and waiting for a special pup to come along - and of course it was me! She knew right away, I was the one. So now, I live with Mom Judy and real Mom Tiger, also Aunt Jenn and her Rat Terrier, Skittles.

Tiger and I play a lot together. Skittles doesn’t play with us, she is very old and fragile, and she doesn’t even weigh 8 pounds! Don’t let that fool you though, Tiger and I call her the “Rot” Terrier, she’s fierce!

Everyone thought I would take after Tiger, sweet and mellow; they call her an “old soul”.  Well, I’m a “new soul!"  I'm into everything and up for anything! I’m always looking for something new to play with or someone new to pay attention to me. I’m a princess and a fashionista. I don’t apologize, that’s just how it is. Mom and Jenn say I’m definitely a blonde, don’t know what that means, but it must be good.

Mom says I think the world revolves around me…well it does! The ENGLISH language created all of those wonderful adjectives that describe me – adora-bull, incredi-bull, desira-bull, lova-bull… I could go on and on.

Things I like to do:

Ride in the car – I’m always ready to go somewhere - when mom puts on her "leave the house clothes” I sit in front of the door so I don’t miss a thing. I don’t like summer when most days it’s too hot to go anywhere.

Chew on my Nyla Bones – I have 23! I like to carry them outside and make a display. Mom calls it Bonehenge. My favorite time is Sunday morning. Tiger and I lay on Mom’s bed while she “wakes up” with her coffee and the news, and we chew and chew on our bones!

Play with the grand kids – They are my Bubbies! Where ever they are I’m not far away.
I have Dylan, Sky and Ronin. I love them all so much, especially the little ones. Sometimes they drop forbidden food on the floor and I work hard to clean it up. Dylan is my almost grown up kid. I like to just hang out with him.


I really have to rest up after the kids visit – following them around is exhausting!  So, I like to doze a bit…doze in the sun, doze on the bed, and doze in the kitchen.  As a matter of fact one of my finest talents is that I can sleep and snore sitting up with my eyes open.

I can amuse myself for the longest time. I like to throw my toys up in the air and catch them. This does not work well with Nyla Bones…just sayin…

I don’t think I have any faults……well, once when Mom was away forever, I ate her night stand. And maybe once or twice I jumped in someone’s lap. When I think I’ve been bad I go and sit in Mom’s closet and give myself a time out. It’s quiet there, and I wait patiently to see if anyone discovers what I’ve done.

One of the scariest things that ever happened to me was that I almost died. I choked on my kibble and Mom had to do the Heimlich maneuver and CPR on me. Good thing she’s a nurse. She said she pretended I was a fat 4 year old and lucky for me it worked. Soon after that, Mom went to a pet CPR and first aid course. She said you never know. She also makes me eat really slowly and doesn’t let me out of her sight at meal time.

The most fantastic thing that ever happened to me was Mom took me to the Bo & DeeMo's Bully Baby Model Search when I was six months old. It was wonderful! I met so many fun new friends. They took my picture in the Pet’ographique studio and I knew right then I would be famous! Mom made a video starring me called “Dotty’s Dream”.  I entered the contest to become a Lady of the Royal Court. All my friends and relatives voted for me and before I knew it, I was Lady Dotty.


It was an exciting year. I attended all sorts of Bo & DeeMo events. There was a great fashion show and birthday celebration. I was a model and was on TV. We wore designer fashions and walked up and down the runway. There were lots of people and photographers – I loved it!! We went to Bo & DeeMo’s Howl-O-Ween Muttster Bash to benefit Heaven Can Wait Animal Society. I went as a cute little lady bug and my humans were flowers. At Christmas time, there was Hounds for Helping Hands. I dressed up as a Naughty Elf. We collected tons of pet food and beds and toys.


 I love representing Bo & DeeMo – my picture has been in magazines and on event posters. My picture is even on the hangtag for Bo & DeeMo fashions. But more important is helping all the charities we support. When you are as lucky as I am to have a safe warm home, and so much love, you have to help all those pets who aren’t as fortunate.

The next year Mom entered me in the 2011 Bully Baby Model Search. I got to have my portrait taken again and meet up with all my friends. Mom made another video – “Dotty’s Dream Part Deux”, she’s so original…I was chosen to be an Ambassador of the Royal Court. What an honor, and so much fun!

And more events! I couldn’t attend them all, but I went to obedience classes, and I went to Puppy Prom – oh, I almost forgot, at the model search I met the love of my life, Ammo! So handsome! Our Moms say we are perfectly suited, I’m a Valley Girl and he is my Surfer Boy. Sometimes I really don’t understand what humans are talking about, but I agree with them here. It was love at first sight. He took me to the Prom and gave me a beautiful corsage. Ammo had to move away, but our Moms let us Skype. He was kissing my picture on the screen and squeaking his toys at me. Silly boy!

I don’t know what the next year will bring, but I do know it will be a great one! I can’t wait to see what Bo & DeeMo has in store!

"We've enjoyed Dotty and her family since the moment we met. They are the perfect Bully family that leads by example as a responsible owner/breeder. This little bulldog is a fashionista, a diva and Judy is a loving owner. We are so proud Dotty is an Ambassador!"  Dee Mounts, Bo & DeeMo

No comments:

Post a Comment